2.23.2009

The Poke from Hades: My Biggest Fears

Most of you know me well enough to know exactly how I feel about needles. I'm definitely, no-doubt-about-it petrified of them. Every time I have my blood taken or get a shot, the room starts to spin and my chair suddenly becomes less stable. It's been quite the sight for people including Frederick, Brianna, and my mother, all of whom find it rather humorous. Recently, I've been lucky enough to experience the thrill of an IV needle....three times. I always used to think that the more shots and needles I came in contact with the better. I figured familiarization would lessen my fear. Wrong! I'm still scared stiff. Here are a few other things that make my skin crawl: any kind of snake, great white sharks (which I also happen to be fascinated with), horror movies based on true stories, being tickled, tests, my teeth falling out, vampires (the few that exist), the sound of knives being dropped, and losing those I love.

2 comments:

  1. You look like your mom in this picture! Be brave.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha ha i remember when we went to lins to get our flu shot at lins and you freaked i got a pic like this too.....somewhere.

    ReplyDelete