3.28.2009

The Movie Critique

Most of you that know Frederick and me are well aware of our habit of going to movies. We're kind of junkies :] ha ha. Since we frequent the theater so much, I've decided to do a few little critiques of the last few movies we've seen.

"Taken": By far the best movie we've seen this year! It was very suspenseful and kept you guessing. Liam Neeson was AMAZING in it. I'm not usually a big fan of action films, but I would easily recommend this to just about anyone.

"I Love You, Man": This one was really funny, but only if you like that Step Brothers/Wedding Crashers/Knocked Up sense of humor. Paul Rudd is a pretty comical guy and it was a nice change of pace to see him put in an awkward situation. It had a great cast and the story line was pretty clever.

"New in Town" (*For Clare :]): As far as chick flicks go, this one was pretty good. I even got Fred to sit through it with me ha ha. I loved the small town mentality because it's something I can surely relate to. The cast was a little different, but it was your average feel-good comedy.

"Knowing": I'm honestly still trying to wrap my mind around this film. It had so many strange elements....science, religion, aliens.....I just don't know. It was a little too preachy toward the end for my taste. Fred really REALLY did not like it. It was actually okay up until about the last 35-40 minutes. Let me just say that if I could, I would take those two hours of my life back to the theater for a refund.

1 comment:

  1. Taken... my dad said EVERY college girl should see that movie! I need to see it!
    I love you man haha oh gosh! I've seen it twice! That movie is hilarious! I loved it!

    Knowing..... gay gay gay stupid stupid a waste of time and money! Haha!
    I love you morgie boo! Hope all is well!

    ReplyDelete