3.23.2009

Pay It Forward

Last night, Fred and I went grocery shopping....at Wal-Mart. Let me just first tell you that I HATE THAT STUPID STORE. There are always so many people and are usually out of stock of what I need. Anyways, we ended up there because it was close and we just needed to pick up a few things. When we got up to the check-out to pay, there was a lady in front of us. She was probably in her late fifties or so and was absolutely beyond sweet. She was getting ready to grab her bags and leave when the clerk told her that she still owed twelve cents. She swiped her debit card which ended up being declined. She was nearly in tears as she said, "Can I hurry and run to my car to get twelve cents?". I felt so bad. So, right after she left, I handed the clerk a dime and two pennies and told her to cover the rest of the lady's bill. Fred ran after her and told her not to worry about it. She insisted that she pay, but he convinced to head home before the weather got worse. It was a good feeling being able to help someone out like that. I have seen my mom help people pay for things when they lose their credit cards or when they are just short of the amount they need. She is always so willing to help others and chip in if needed. I'm so lucky to have a mother that set such a great example for me. Now I know the power and goodness that comes from paying it forward :]

2 comments:

  1. Your mom is a great person. I'm lucky for such a sweet friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your mom is awesome.. what a great thing she taught you!!

    ReplyDelete