4.26.2010

we'll always be best friends, whether you like it or not.

The other day I was sitting at work and these two girls came in. I could tell they were having a girl's day and they were definitely what we could call BFF. It really got me to thinking. I have never been a huge socialite. I prefer sticking close to a few people and developing a strong relationship with them rather than "spreading the love" among a few hundred friends. I really don't have a best friend. The best part of this is that I'm totally okay with that. I feel like the several individuals that I do have in my life that could begin to qualify as a best friend are outside the criteria for what society would allow. In simple terms, best friends aren't supposed to be family members or significant others. Well guess what? SCREW YOU, SOCIETY. I'm breaking the rules. This blog is all about MY best friend and the reasons for which I list her under that title.

1. Eating breakfast for dinner isn't weird.
2. Driving two hours to sit in a decent movie theater and watch a good chick flick is totally worth it....every single time.
3. Age is just a number. You determine how old you are by how you feel.
4. Along with #3, you are NEVER too old to accomplish your dreams. (i.e. running marathons)
5. Parents prepare you to have confidence in your own decisions and know that whatever you decide, they will support you.
6. Shopping means you get a prize. If you keep grandpa in line at lunch, you get two.
7. You might find one great friend in this world and you might be about thirty years old before that happens.
8. You can like hip hop/rap music no matter how old you are.

Thanks for being my best friend, Mom. You're stuck with the job so I hope you enjoy it :]
xoxo. Morgan

3 comments:

  1. :) :) :) All I can say is I Love You....... Oh and Thanks for keeping grandpa in line.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful. Love this post long time.
    -Gabyyyy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morgan that was a great tribute to your mom, she's a wonderful person and a great best friend.

    ReplyDelete