5.18.2009

Through the Headphones, Pt. 1

So anyone who knows me well knows that have an extreme music obsession. I can't get ready in the morning without listening to some Jack Johnson or Between the Trees. I have over seven hundred songs on my iPod, all of which I'm deeply in love with. Therefore, I've decided to do an update every two weeks on my blog letting everyone know what I'm listening to. Here's the first installment of the ten songs that have been shorting out my iPod adapter lately.

10- "Flightless Bird, American Mouth" By Iron & Wine: I discovered this band after seeing Twilight in theaters (one of the only good things that came from that experience---no offense). They are very relaxing....good stuff to fall asleep to.
Sounds like: MGMT, Lifehouse, The Fray

9- "Ho Ho Hopefully" By The Maine: These guys are pretty typical mainstream, but their lyrics are a little more unique. This is one of their acoustic songs (also a Christmas tune). Check it out.
Sounds like: Relient K, Mayday Parade, Cute Is What We Aim For

8- "This Town" By OAR: This was the first new single from this 90's hit band in a LONG time and I wasn't disappointed. It's pretty upbeat and sometimes it makes me dance (I'll admit it).
Sounds like: Ben Folds, Barenaked Ladies, Noah & The Whale

7- "America's Suitehearts" By Fall Out Boy: I know, I know. I was a little surprised with myself too. I really do not like Fall Out Boy usually, but the sound on their latest album is a little different. The jury's still out on the new record, but this song is sweet.
Sounds like: The Postal Service, Mika, The Academy Is....

6- "You'll Ask For Me" By Tyler Hilton: I first started to listen to Tyler Hilton when I became an avid One Tree Hill fan. He's very classy and guitar-heavy. This song is a little more soft and chill.
Sounds like: Matt Costa, John Mayer, Jack Johnson

5- "The Mixed Tape" By Jack's Mannequin: So this song is a little old, but I've been a fan of Andrew McMahon's work since Something Corporate. The piano is this track makes the whole song.
Sounds like: The Rocket Summer, Jimmy Eat World, Straylight Run

4- "Always Love" By Nada Surf: I absolutely love this song. When I discovered it, I realized it put in to words everything that so many people were trying to say. It's pretty catchy too.
Sounds like: Sherwood, Paramore, Goo Goo Dolls

3- "9 Crimes" By Damien Rice: I've always been a fan of angry, starving-artist music and Damien Rice definitely fits that mold. This song has female vocals in it as well and they are amazing.
Sounds like: Sarah McLachlan, Joshua James, The Postal Service

2- "Seventy Times 7" By Brand New: This is one of my favorite bands of all time. This is an old song, but it's classic. Jesse Lacey has the best scream :]
Sounds like: Incubus, Blink 182, All Time Low

1- "Wedding Dress" By Matt Nathanson: I'm a sucker for singers with guitar talent and good vocals so Matt Nathanson has been a recent favorite of mine. This album "Some Mad Hope" has such a variety on it and with a powerful voice like his, you're bound to get hooked.
Sounds like: Ben Harper, Allred, Coldplay

1 comment:

  1. You should put a sample of each song up on your blog, then we can hear them and see if I agree. Then you can make me some new tunes.

    ReplyDelete